SENIOR packaging LINE OPERATOR
Great Central Brewing Company (GCBC) is looking for an experienced and talented Senior Packaging Line Operator for our new craft-dedicated contract brewing facility in downtown Chicago.
The Senior Packaging Line Operator is responsible for leading the packaging team in running the packaging line equipment in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner that delivers on production schedules during a given shift and for training junior operators to work on the line.
Location: Chicago, IL
Reports To: Packaging Supervisor & Packaging Manager
Position Type: Full-time Hourly
- Master all packaging line equipment operations including, but not limited to: sterilization, start-up, normal operation, shut-down, changeovers, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance based on established schedules; ensuring that daily, weekly, and annual maintenance is performed
- Have a strong focus on safety, quality and efficiency, while constantly evaluating work practices in the spirit of continuous improvement
- Have a knowledge of production reporting
- Perform QC checks on packaged beer and understand bright beer tank (BBT) quality checks and specs
- Perform BBT cleaning
- Follow SOP’s
- Comply with all company policies
- Train new packaging line employees
- Communicate effectively and work well with other departments
- Work towards achieving departmental goals around efficiencies, yields, and cost
Requirements / Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years brewery packaging experience, specifically with high speed rotary fillers
- Experience following SOP’s
- Experience with HMI’s and or PLC equipment
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Be an open and good communicator and team player with respect for co-workers, supervisors, and managers
- Ability to lift up to 55 pounds repeatedly
- Ability to twist / turn and stand / walk on a continuous basis
- Ability to work on your feet for over eight hours at a time
- Ability to work in loud production environments (80+ db)
- Ability to work with chemicals of varying composition
- Ability to work in damp / wet areas
- Ability to work all shifts, additional hours & weekends as necessary
Varies by experience. This is a full-time hourly position (40 hours / week) with benefits, including health insurance, that begin after a successful 90-day introductory period. There are opportunities for advancement and the ability to learn from industry veterans in an exciting and dynamic production atmosphere with fun, beer-loving folk.
Please submit your resumé/CV with qualifications and a cover letter explaining how your experience and perspective makes you the ideal Senior Packaging Line Operator at Great Central Brewing to: email@example.com.
Cheers and good luck!